HOME | APPS/SIDES | PORK | BEEF | POULTRY | SEAFOOD | PIZZA | RUBS | MARINADES | SAUCES | DESSERTS

STUFFED PORK CHOP






STUFFED PORK CHOP – INDIRECT HEAT
I usually cook this on my WEBER KETTLE.  This is a great recipe when you have friends coming over.  I usually ‘prep’ the dish in the kitchen while the guests reconnect over a nice glass of red wine.

I got this recipe from Terry Black  on the BBQ SECRETS: The Master Guide to Extraordinary Barbecue Cookin’ DVD.  I have adapted the recipe slightly. 

- 4 thick cup pork loin chops (1 for each guest)
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (I use sweet sausage – adkjust to your taste)
**I remove from casing and slightly brown crumbled sausage
- 1/2lb provolone
- ¾ cup marinade (approx.)  
( I use Worcestershire, a splash of pickle, a squeeze of spicy mustard, a tiny bit of garlic juice from a bottle, splash of cider vinegar, splash of apple juice)
- ½ cup dry rub – I like to use THE SLABS rib and pork rub
- toothpicks

--Begin with loin about 1.5inches thick.  CAREFULLY, place hand on top and slice meaty side of chop about ½ way through, creating a pocket. 
--Rub chop through marinade (OR, slice each loin then place in a large Ziploc with marinade and SHAKE)
--Remove from marinade and RUB each chop
--Stuff each chop with sausage and provolone
-- Toothpic the outside of pocket – USE THE SAME NUMBER for each chop – this way, you KNOW how many yous hould have before serving
-- Using INDIRECT heat (kettle or grill) cook until internal temperature  minimum 145* - let rest for 3 minutes.
--Fill up wine glasses and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment